Friday, July 3, 2009

Two From the Vault

Like any photographer, my closets and cabinets are filled with photographs from years past. Last night I was looking for a specific group of travel photos from Belgium taken in 2002. In the process, I unearthed a couple of old gems from my early days as a photographer, and felt compelled to share them.

(The guys in the pictures may come looking for me now, but that wouldn't be a bad thing, as I haven't seen either of them in quite some time.)

These photos were both taken with a Minolta XG-M 35mm film camera.

The first photo was shot on Kodak Tri-X at ISO 200 and pull-processed in an effort to get richer detail in the shadows. I scanned the negative and then did some further work in the digital darkroom to get a sort of antiqued look. This dude's name is Brad, and he and I go all the way back to high school. We've gotten in trouble together on more than one occasion. He now lives in Louisiana with his wife, Laura, so we don't see each much of each other these days.




The second photo was also shot on Kodak Tri-X, this time at ISO 800 and push processed to allow for shooting by lamplight with no flash. This is Eric, guitarist extraordinaire. We spent a lot of late nights doing a lot of random things. I heard a nasty rumor that he's getting hitched next month (now he's REALLY gonna come looking for me!!!).


No comments: